Description of activities
The Nalsia Museum was established in 1945. The main expositions of the Nalsia Museum are located in the centre of Svencionys, in the
newbuilding Adutiški‘s street 2. In 1945-1992 the museum was called the Svencionys Regional studies Museum. The museum was named the Nalsia Museum in 1992 because the museums tores the main collections reflecting the historical Nalsialand. The basis of the Museums tores consist of lgnas Silkini’s ethnographic collection. The museum has four departments: Natural, Archaeological, Ethnographical and Historical.
At present the Nalsia museum stores over 64000 exhibits. The museum’spermanent“, exhibition staged in 20000 displays only small part of natural, archaeological, ethnographical and historical collections. The archaeological exhibition is represented by a collections of Stone-Bronze Ages finds from Kretuonas lake district settlements, Nalšia land’shill-forts and barrows.